What is Good Housekeeping?
Good Housekeeping is a value-added service that we provide to our partners to ensure that all factors influencing mission critical IT equipment are within industry standards. These include checking for design issues, maintenance practices, cooling, and obstruction.
Only QUESTECH CO., INC. provides this level of quality service in the industry, proving our commitment to ensuring customer satisfaction with our services.
The scope of Good Housekeeping
Good housekeeping involves the assessment, inspection and analysis of the following areas:
- Safety – This include checking for safety issues that involve lighting, spacing, flooring, fire protection, and servicing hazards.
- Security – It is important that you keep your IT equipment secure from unauthorized parties. That is why we also check for security measures such as using biometric and video monitoring devices.
- Power – Does your power source meet the industry standards such as power ratings, number of power sources available, and the use of standard plugs? Our program is also designed to check for these factors.
- Cooling – Your equipment needs a cooling system to regulate temperature and humidity. Our program is also designed to check if your facility has the proper ventilation, and temperature and humidity monitoring devices.
- Others – Our team will also inspect whether you have the other necessary tools to ensure that your equipment functions properly including checking for your system’s health and your machine logs.
How it works
Our Good Housekeeping Program is a three-step process that works like this:
- Contact – Our Marketing team and Technology Support Group (TSG) will contact you via email about our Good Housekeeping program. After you have confirmed our invitation, we will then schedule an inspection.
- Inspection – Our System Engineers (SEs) will visit your site on the scheduled date to introduce our Good Housekeeping program before inspecting your datacenter environment and machine status. Following that, you will be asked to sign an inspection form. 3-5 days after our visit, our SEs will email you about the assessment form.
- Feedback – After the inspection, our Technology Support Management and Product Management teams will meet to discuss their final evaluation of the visit. They will compile their findings and send you their recommendations via email. They will also, if necessary, follow up on your feedback on the recommendations.
It’s as simple as that. With our Good Housekeeping program, you can ensure that your system runs smoothly.